Lecture for the School for the Contemporary Arts, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada (31 January 2017, 7:00pm Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema, SFU Goldcorp Centre for the Arts, 149 West Hastings Street, Vancouver BC Free).
Lecture for University of British Columbia’s Social Justice Institute, Vancouver, Canada, 1 February 2017, Noon, Room 028 Jack Bell Building 2080 West Mall UBC.
Lecture for the Oslo National Academy of Arts. Oslo, Norway, 21 November, 2016.
1. Forms of Criticism symposium (University of Westminster, London UK) 30 June 2016. at Parasol Unit Gallery, London, UK.
2. The Blindspot of Hope, Presentation at the University of Toronto, Scarborough (March, 2016) http://anthropology.utoronto.ca/events/ce-talk-eric-cazdyn/
3. The Blindspot of the Aftermath, Presentation at University of California, Berkeley (Feb, 2016).
4. Residency at Gallery TPW, (January 14-28, 2016). Details TBA. http://gallerytpw.ca/exhibitions/cazdyns-blindspot-machine/
5. Roundtable discussion with Harry Harootunian, U of Toronto, December 4, 2015.
6. Tuning Speculation III–Presentation: “Inaudibility,” Array Music, November 23, 2015.
7. Invited Speaker for the “Through Post-Atomic Eyes,” October 23-24, 2015. Ontario College of Art and Design and the Art Gallery of Ontario. http://www.postatomiceyes.net/
9. Linda Hutcheon and J. Edward Chamberlin Annual lecture for the 25th Annual Conference, Centre for Comparative Literature (University of Toronto): Survival/La survie, Toronto, ON March 12-15, 20155 (http://conference.complit.utoronto.ca
10. “The Blindspot of Revolution,” keynote address for the “Enthusiasm for Revolution” Conference of the Marxist Reading Group, University of Florida, March 26-28, 2015.
11. “The Non-Coincidence of the Future”, talk at the Centre for the Study of Theory and Criticism, Western University, London, ON, Fall, 2014.
12. Design Knowledge, Making Urban Humanities conference, featured speaker, November 14-15, UCLA, Los Angeles, US, http://www.urbanhumanities.ucla.edu/?/event/design-knowledge/
13. Private/Publicity, at the Blackwood Gallery, Toronto, Canada for Adrian Blackwell’s Furnishing Positions, November 22-23, 2014, http://www.blackwoodgallery.ca/exhibitions/2014/FurnishingPositions.html
14. “Post Global Futures”, talk at the University of Tokyo (Komaba campus), April 23, 2014, 7pm. http://cpag.ioc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/events/post/20140423_cazdyn/ http://utcp.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/blog/images/Cazdyn%20poster2.jpg
15. Residency and Performance with Eric Chenaux at The Cube (Bristol, UK), May 13-25, 2014. http://qujunktions.com/event/eric-chenaux-eric-cazdyn
15. Visiting Scholar at the “Urban Humanities Institute,” University of California, Los Angeles, Workshop: February 3-February 15, 2014. Public Lecture: January 30, 2014 (Talk Title: “Chronic Space, Terminal Architecture: Building and Unbuilding the Future”).
http://arts.ucla.edu/calendar/2014/01/30/chronic-space-terminal-architecture-building-and-unbuilding-the-future/11. Discussant for Archiving Risk conference, University of California, Los Angleles, February 1, 2014.
16. Lecture for Experimental Critical Theory Program, University of California, Los Angeles, “The Worldly Clinic”, February 6, 2014 (5-7 pm)
17. Lecture at University of California, Santa Barbara (February 14, 2014), title: “Terminal Theory”.
17. Distinguished Alumni Lecture, Department of Literature, University of California, San Diego, November 7, 2013 (Talk Title: “The Act and the Whistleblower”).http://dah.ucsd.edu/images/20131004-ECazdyn%20Flyer.pdf11. Presentation for Technoscience Salon on Critical Itineraries (Temporalities), University of Toronto, October 18, 2013.http://technosalon.wordpress.com/
18. Keynote speaker at the inaugural meeting of the Canadian Network for Psychoanalysis and Culture, Canada, September 2013 (Talk Title: “Where It Was, The Future Shall Become: The Time and Space of the Clinic”). http://www.cnpc-rcpc.ca/conference/program/
19. (UN)Sound Occupation: A 4 EVENING WORKSHOP DEDICATED TO SOUND AND POLITICS, Trinity Square Video, Toronto, APRIL 23-26, 7-10 PM.
20 Seminar and public lecture at University of King’s College, Halifax, March 8-10, 2013.
21. Paper for ACLA, “Chronic Space: ‘The Clock’ as ‘The Map’” for the “Temporalizing the Global” panel, Toronto, April 4-7.
22. Lecture for Asia Pacific Studies Program, University of Toronto, March 7, 2013.
23. Lecture and Seminar at the University Alberta, Canada, February 7-8, 2013.
24. Reading of “A Work in Progress” for the Literary Studies Student Union, University of Toronto, November 30, 20125
25. Guest Speaker at the Geopolitical Aesthetics conference, Northwestern University, USA. May 31-June 1, 2012
26. Keynote address at the Aftermaths Conference. University of Western Ontario, Canada May 10-12, 2012
27. Hashima, A Radically Different World With Us, Gendai Gallery, Toronto, March 21, 2012.
28. Guest Speaker at the Centre for the Study of Theory, Culture and Politics. Trent University, Canada. October 6, 2011.
29. Guest Speaker at Trespasses Conference, University of California, San Diego, USA October 28, 2011.
30. Keynote Speaker at the Aesthetics/Class/Worlds conference at the University of Minnesota, USA. October 15, 2011.
31. The Praxis Image, Centre for Philosophy, University of Tokyo, Japan, September 5, 2011.
32. The Episode and Self-Capital (A discussion with artist Melanie Gilligan), Interaccess Gallery, Toronto, April 3, 2011.
33. Keynote Speaker at Iconoclasm Conference, Comparative Literature, University of Toronto, March 19, 2011.
34. Praxis: Buddhism and Critical Theory, Annual Modern Language Association Conference, Los Angeles, USA, January 9, 2011.
35. Time: Again, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, November 25, 2010.
36. Keynote Speaker at conference on Text, Image, Desire: Representation of Trans-national Popular Culture Taipei, Taiwan November 27-29, 2010.
37. Death and Dialectics, Marxist Literary Group, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, June 14-20, 2010.